Job Title: Greeter/Marshal/Starter
Are you a seasoned golf enthusiast with a profound understanding of the game?
We’re in search of a mature individual to join our team as a Greeter/Marshal/Starter. These positions are available in either Full or Part-time hours and can be flexible to your availability.
Our Golf Operations team is a friendly group of golf enthusiasts and their team works flexibly to adapt to changes in tasks as the sunny summer days allow.
As the initial point of contact for our patrons, the Parking Lot Greeter plays a pivotal role in setting a positive tone for their day, offering a warm welcome and a friendly smile to members, guests, and visitors. Effective communication with the Pro Shop and Operations staff is key to ensuring the best possible service.
The Starter engages with golfers in a friendly and supportive manner, providing essential information on course conditions and local rules. Responsibilities include maintaining timely and orderly tee times and ensuring a seamless flow on the course.
Additionally, the Marshal monitors the pace of play, offering friendly reminders to groups that may fall behind, and suggesting ways to speed up the pace. Interaction with golfers remains a core aspect of this role, fostering a positive and enjoyable golfing experience.
This position reports to the General Manager, with the start date slated for April/May and concluding on Thanksgiving weekend. If you’re passionate about golf and enjoy creating a welcoming atmosphere for fellow enthusiasts, we encourage you to apply!
Start Date: April/May
- Applicants must be able to physically stand for long periods and have good mobility. Sometimes we have to dry the morning dew off of a cart seat, so bending and moving is key!
- Smart Serve is required as a component of the AGCO liquor service laws, don’t worry we can help with this.
- Weekends are the busiest times at the course. Some weekends and holidays are required
- Golf knowledge is an asset. While you will receive full training on the job, it is helpful to know basic golf terminology and etiquette.
Perks of the Job:
- Meet amazing co-workers and customers who are so much fun!
- Golf perks are included
- Discounts on Pro Shop merchandise, guest green fees, and food and beverage
- Staff outings and events
End Date: Thanksgiving weekend